Canada plays host to more than 180,000 International students in any given year. Increasingly, Canada is becoming the country of choice for students from all parts of the world.
- Quality Education: Canada spends more per capita on its education system than any other country
- Inexpensive: Canadian Institutes, charge lower tuition fees for international students than their counterparts in competing countries and at the same time, maintain excellent educational quality.
- Permanent Residency and Canadian Immigration: Canadian Immigration is one of the simplest immigration systems in comparison with other countries. Canada welcomes over 2 lac immigrants per year & has a policy for skilled professionals as well as Business Immigrants. A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years.
- Work during and after and co-op program : Students in Canada are allowed to work part time on campus during the first 6 months of their program and off campus part time thereafter. The duration permitted is up to 20 hours per week. Several programs may even have a paid co-op term where one gets hands on experience in working in the industry. Further students on the completion of their program of 1 year can work up to 1 year and students applying for 2 years program can work for 2-3 years.
- Employment: International students graduating from a program of 2 years or more in length would be eligible for a 3 year work permit after graduation with no restrictions on the types of employment and no requirement for a job offer.
- Industries: Canada is an international leader in Java, computers, networking, and wireless communications. It has a reputation of excellence in sectors such as telecommunications, transportation, engineering, micro electronics, hydroelectric power, biotechnology, food & beverage processing, geomatics, ocean & environmental industries, aerospace etc. Some top Canadian companies recognized worldwide are Black Berry, IMAX, BATA, Corel etc.